Jackson

Jackson
November 2nd 2009 - February 28th 2010

“No day will ever erase you from the memory of time”

Monday, August 2, 2010

5 months since you have been gone

Normally you count how old your children get. When they are born you count by weeks, then by months and then eventually years. No one ever counts the days, months or years its been since your child's death. Maybe its because we are never suppose to. I haven't thought about how long it has been since Jackson died, until today. August 2nd we should have been celebrating his 9 months, instead it made me realize that it has been 5 months since February 28th. I can't believe that 5 months has gone by since that day, I guess time flys when your living in a daze. I can honestly say I don't know what has happened in these last 5 months. I look forward to my weekends where my boyfriend tries and gets me to do something other then sit inside. Lately it seems everyone is out with their babies, which makes it harder. Me always wondering if that is what Jackson would be doing. Would his hair have changed colour or still be red? Would his mohawk still be in tact? Even last night when we went out for dinner 4 huge families sat around us. One with a baby and another with 3 boys. I jelously watched wishing that Jackson was sitting in a high chair with us, making us laugh. Instead we try not to make eye contact with other people trying to hide how sad we are that were eating alone. Eventually I hope that I will be able to work through this but in the mean time we should wait until the cold weather keeps everyone else inside.

2 comments:

  1. It is horrible that we have to count the days without our little ones. I am sorry that you are still in a daze. One day you won't even realize when the weight will lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry for your loss. I found your blog off faces of loss faces of hope. I to lost a baby boy he was just shy of 6 months old. It is such a hard road to travel. Im here if you ever want to talk!!

    ReplyDelete