Jackson

Jackson
November 2nd 2009 - February 28th 2010

“No day will ever erase you from the memory of time”

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A year since....

Last weekend while sitting at a friends wedding shower watching her open gifts, smiling and laughing. I couldn't help but remember that it had been a year since I too was smiling and laughing while opening my baby shower gifts. The first of three to be exact. Jackson was spoiled by everyone and he wasn't even close to coming into the world yet. I remember thinking what am I going to do with all these sleepers. Now they sit in buckets, labelled with the sizes, maybe never to be worn by another. The beginning of October will be a year since I went on Maternity leave. Now instead of making a spot for Jackson at the daycare, I wonder if Jackson would be the same size as the new babies starting. Would he have been friends with them? Would I be harrassing the baby teachers to come get me if he did anything important.
A year ago people were asking me if I was ready to finally have Jackson. Was I excited or nervous, was I going to get an epidural or try and deal with the pain. Now people ask me how I am doing, and that they are thinking of me even if they don't always say it. The biggest thing is that it will be his birthday. I know your probably thinking but Lindsay its 2 months away but November 2nd will be here in the blink of an eye. They already are putting Halloween decorations and costumes in the flyers which is reminder that its really not the far away.

2 comments:

  1. Jackson is just beautiful. What a handsome fella.

    It isn't too early to start feeling sad, about his birthday coming up. I remember being a wreck before Noah's birthday. I think the lead up was actually worse than his birthday itself.

    I found your blog from 'faces' site
    It's 'nice' to see a fellow Canadian.. but sad, all at the same time.


    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jane, the lead up is always the hardest...but I know that will not lessen the pain or the difficulties you are facing. Just know you are not alone..

    ReplyDelete